It’s common for blog or website owners to check web traffic using analytic tools. Most of the websites have very high percentage of ‘New visitors’ when compared to ‘Returning visitors’. You can check this yourself on Google Analytics tool which is freely available or any other web analytics tools.
The above case need not always be true. When you have high web traffic from search results then you can expect the new visitors to be higher than returning visitors and also higher bounce rate. But when your web traffic is from other sources like social media where you get traffic from all your followers then the percentage of returning visitors will be higher.
Also check: Understanding your blog traffic better
There are many ways you can stop your first time visitor from leaving your site forever. Here are few tips which you can follow to increase web traffic from returning visitors:
- Write Excellent quality content which your visitors are looking for. Write a blog post which users are looking for. This will become more popular than writing your personal story. Also, don’t write essays. Keep paragraphs short and simple. Make a list than writing lengthy stories.
- If you have too many points to write in your blog post then break it into smaller parts or posts. Write multiple posts with part 1, part 2 and so on. By doing so, people will follow you to read the next content. It’s more like your TV serial where people wait for the next episode.
- Have RSS feed and subscribe buttons. Highlight it and also try adding a subscribe button at the end of the post or in between the post. So that people can subscribe to your blog. Once they subscribe they get regular updates via Email. Note that Email subscription works better than social media. Avoid pop-ups which will distract visitors. You might be interested in knowing - Why is it important to add Subscribe via Email option to your website.
- Reply to comments, feedback, questions by sending an email instead of ignoring it or by just replying within your blog. Best is to do both – reply in your blog as comment and also send an email. To know more on this check How to reply to messages on your blog comment box.
- Add Email signatures with the latest post when you reply by email to all. Also leave a subscribe option where ever possible. To create a good personalized signature for free check How to create personalized email signatures.
- Be active on social media as well, reply to people. When some one likes or comments on social media, you can even try leaving a personal message with a solution, with a link to subscribe or to the latest post. See that you don’t spam them and this should be kept within control.
These are some of the basic things that you can try. Let me know what you guys do to gain more returning visitors and also increase web traffic. Leave a comment.
Did you find this blog post useful? If so then do us a favor. Share it with your friends on social media. Also, Subscribe to our newsletter to get the latest updates.